For the last ten months, I have been on a beautiful journey of learning to make new choices of happiness and joy. I've been practicing the art of allowing and learning to lighten up and follow my bliss. All of this practice is in an effort to overwrite long-ingrained pathways of though led by negativity, self-criticism, guilt, and self-inflicted choices of suffering. One day last April, I was exposed to a new way of doing things that could lead to a life of joy and bliss, while manifesting my greatest desires. It has been the journey of a lifetime.
Do you struggle with your self-love and sense of worth? I spent a log of time feeling guilty for choosing to love myself because I believed a lie that loving myself was a choice of vanity. Then I learned there is a difference between vanity and self-love.
Now that I can distinguish the two things, I embarked on the journey of learning to grow self-love. One way I grow my thought pattern and expose myself to new ways of approaching self-love is through reading a blog completely focused on the subject called the Abundance Tapestry.
Through reading that blog and other things in addition to my own thoughts, I thought I would share a few thins you can do to grow self-love now.
1. Buy yourself a gift. Gift giving is one of the Five Love Languages, so being nice to yourself and buying yourself a gift can increase your self love immediately. That gift doesn't need to break the bank. It can be a chocolate bar or a bouquet of flowers. If you desire, buy yourself something you've had your eye on for a while.
2. Meditate with affirmations. This year I have also started meditating to open the pathways to my subconscious mind and develop my awareness, control of my mind and emotions. One meditation practice I use is to repeat reaffirming mantras. One that I use regularly as presented in The Secret by Rhonda Byrne is, "I am whole, perfect, strong, powerful, loving, harmonious, and happy." It encompasses all things and helps increase your sense of self-love within minutes.
3. Hug someone. Physical touch is another love language, so giving a friend or family member a hug can increase the energy of love instantaneously.
4. Exercise. Exercise increases the calmness of the mind while simultaneously releasing endorphins. Practicing some physical endurance at any level of difficulty is sure fire way to grow your inner sense of love.
5. Listen to your Inner voice and intuition. Finally, the more you practice meditation and quieting the mind, the easier it is to tune into your voice of intuition. That same voice is your best guide because it is the purest most honest voice of love within you. Just ask your intuition questions and meditate on it as you go to sleep, and you will be surprised to see the answers to your questions emerge unexpectedly. Discovering answers grows your sense of self-love and confidence in your true self exponentially.
Give any of these practices a try this week maybe if it is only to make a new choice. I encourage you to grow your selflove because you can!